Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Happy Hogan kicks so much ass in this one:


Through happenstance and dumbness on my part, I ended up out of office Monday. Way out of office. But, it did give me time to re-read William Rotsler's Iron Man novel, And Call My Killer...Modok! It's pretty solid. I know I have a couple more of the old Marvel novels from 1979 or so, although I missed them the first time around and got them at a used bookstore over a decade later. But this one's probably my favorite. Wouldn't mind reading Holocaust for Hire, though...

Anyway, new strip tomorrow, although I'm at a loss why I didn't do an Avengers one; or set up any themed posts for this week. Asleep at the damn wheel, is my guess.

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I'm definitely intrigued now. So how much does Happy Hogan kick ass? What's the story about?

googum said...

At one point, Tony sets up a fake auction for the Iron Man armor, to lure in MODOK, who had been trying to steal the plans and build his own Iron Army. Happy disguises himself as a foreign millionaire and 'wins' the auction, but is then captured by A.I.M. Happy faces off against MODOK, then fights A.I.M. alongside Iron Man!

Really makes killing Hap off seem like a waste.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Wow. Seems he got more action in that one book than he did in IM's whole run. Sad really.