Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"I love you guys, but I'm not crunching this up in the scanner."

I was finally able to watch the ancient videotape copy of Lone Wolf & Cub: "Baby Cart to Hades" that I bought who knows how long ago for ninety-nine cents. So. Frigging. Awesome. I've only read a few of the reprints--a couple of the old First comics ones, and just a few more of the Dark Horse little square digests, and enjoyed them, but was unprepared for how much I was going to enjoy the movie version.

Of course, I had to find this by that random happenstance I'm always on about, but here's a chunk of it to see if it grabs you. There is some sword-skewering action, but it's probably safe for work, hell, it's from 1972:

I'm not going to lazy out all week with YouTube stuff, but this one's worth it. God, I would love a Marvel Legend/DC Universe Classics scale Lone Wolf and Cub with baby cart. Hmm, probably have to sell the cart separately with all the weapons...

Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima's Lone Wolf and Cub was also the subject of one of the best parodies in Gail Simone's "You'll All Be Sorry". Keep in mind, it's only a slight exaggeration. Very slight.

3 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, Lone Wolf & Cub are awesome! I admit I like Zatoichi better (per the original films with ShintarĂ´ Katsu) -- but they're still awesome. :-)

SallyP said...

Wait...Gail's version was a parody?

Anonymous said...

That movie clip was fricken sweet.