Monday, August 11, 2008

"In case you were wondering about the eyepatch..."



A new page (or more) every day this week! Ooh, better get started.
While I liked the Hellboy: Animated DVD's, is it just me, or did they tend to use Liz Sherman like the Human Torch? Or maybe more like a napalm airstrike. In the comics, her pyrokineis isn't as much a power as a force, something inside her that may not always be under her control. While she may occasionally use it casually, as in lighting her smokes; it's still not something Liz lets off the leash easily.
And I'm still having some fun with Abe. Aside from his recent limited series, which told the story of an early solo mission for him (and with great art) and a couple bouts of self-doubt, he's been a very effective member and leader of the B.P.R.D. Of course, in the comic Hellboy has long since left the organization, and he recently fought the Baba Yaga in Darkness Calls. "Fought" isn't really the right word; that makes it sound like a superhero comic. There's more going on there.
Ah, but where is it going? Possibly two directions at once. We'll guess at that tomorrow, and another page of whatever nonsense I have going here.
Oh, and the "Baba Yaga" I used was, um, I think a McFarlane Blair Witch figure, and doesn't even have a passing resemblance to Mignola's version. Of course, the figure's "Todd's interpretation" of said Witch, and doesn't even look like the Blair Witch of the movie, since you never see her, unless you do in the sequel I have no intention of watching. Over the next few days, I'll try to name most of the figures used, but no promises, since we've got a cast of thousands lined up! Hundreds? Dozens, maybe? Yeah, I think I can say dozens.

1 comment:

Sea-of-Green said...

Yeah, Liz is treated like the Human Torch, and Abe is treated like Aquaman. Those animated films are okay, but I much prefer the live-action films. And I do love Abe -- when he's done right. But I always had a thing for "Creature from the Black Lagoon"-type critters, anyway. :-)