Monday, August 18, 2008

"This is just slightly better than showing up for a job interview that turns out to be selling steak knives door-to-door."

The title of this one:  totally happened to me once.   Thrilling.Sweet Kirby Krackle, I would love to see a Hellboy-Demon fight. The Demon's rhyming banter would drive HB up the wall, but Etrigan is also tough enough to put up a good fight. I prefer good Etrigan over from the pits of hell enslaved monster Etrigan, but the evil one would be a better match and would doubtless dog Hellboy over his heritage and supposed destiny.

On the tailend here, we've got Man-Wolf, Frankenstein, Ghost Rider and Jack O'Lantern from Toy Biz's Marvel days. Then there's Mattel's Bizarro and Scarecrow, and a few others we've seen before: the Mezco Frankenstein, the House of the Dead figure, the McFarlane Tin Man.

Still haven't seen Hellboy 2, but the Wife took the Boys to see the last showing of Speed Racer the other day while I was at work. She said it was a lot longer than it needed to be, but the kids liked it; especially the Youngest, who was clapping and shaking his little fists for about ten minutes after the last race. Even through a quiet part, and he was looking around like everyone should be clapping. Of course, and I honestly don't mean this to be bitter, mean, or sarcastic; while Speed Racer didn't do as well in the theatres as expected; a brightly candy-colored movie about spinning things flying around in circles for two and a half hours? Was it specifically made for autistic kids? The Youngest might not talk much, but I bet he'll ask for the DVD...

(I'm poking a little fun, but that kid's making some headway; and I think that'll just keep going when school starts again for him. And I was able to get him a Mach V for himself, since his brother and I both have ours...)

2 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

My father-in-law actually took my 8-year-old nephew to see The Dark Knight over the weekend. I tried to explain that it wasn't a kid's movie, but ...

Surprise, surprise, my nephew (who'd never seen a movie any more frightening or realistic than Wall*E) LOVED the movie, and thinks Batman is the coolest guy on the planet. Just goes to show that you can't predict how kids are gonna react to things.

Marc Burkhardt said...

I enjoyed Hellboy 2 myself, but the movie continuity doesn't have anything to do with the comic. Still feels like a legitimate Hellboy though, probably due to Mignola's involvement.

Oh, and I'm glad 90s Ghost Rider is getting his @#$% kicked. Always liked Johnny Blaze better ...