Friday, August 15, 2008

"Doesn't it suck to go to a job interview and see someone you know, going for the same job?"



Long before the Hellboy movies, there were the occasional crossover with other comic characters. The Batman/Starman/Hellboy (I may be wrong on the billing order there) is probably the best known, since Mignola actually did the art for that one; but it's not my favorite. If I had the old Painkiller Jane figure, she would've been up there with Ghost, the Goon, and the Savage Dragon. Hard to say which one's the best: the Goon one is probably the funniest, Ghost's crossover has the virtue of being back when neither she nor Hellboy really knew their origins, and the Dragon issues may actually be in Hellboy's continuity: they depict Hellboy giving Hitler the what-for.

Morbius isn't a true vampire, therefore, he wouldn't have gotten bounced with Dracula, Angel, and Blade. He's from Toy Biz's Spider-Man line, and of course the classic Beast and Daredevil are Marvel Legends. Toy Biz did make later Daredevil's, but I only have the old frowny-face one, so of course he had to be a cranky lawyer, right? EDIT: It is sheer unconscious dickery that the clipboard I gave Daredevil has an eyechart on it.

NECA's Army of Darkness S-Mart Ash towers over the old McFarlane X-Files figures, but I don't know if I see new ones coming anytime soon. Anyone see the new movie yet? I figure I will sooner or later, but maybe I would've been more excited if it was going to wrap up any of the lingering questions from the series. Hell, maybe I'd've been more excited if I knew what it was all about...

Conclusion on Monday! Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

SallyP said...

Heh heh. The Thing really does a lovely face-palm

Sea-of-Green said...

"Skrull! Skrull! Skrull!" :-D

Christian Zamora said...

Mattel Skrull, they're the worst. And now the Barbie conspiracy finally makes sense ;)

And I do like your blog, let's exchange links :D

Parka said...

The title made me laugh. You have a great blog here.