Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"The Meme should be, 'how many frigging links can I cram in one post?'"

The Fortress Keeper tagged me the other day from the Fortress of Fortitude with a meme from A Trout in the Milk: What’s YOUR favourite blogpost of all time? ("Favourite"? Pillock must be quite literate, or a Brit...)

Good question. And like a lot of questions, ask me now and you'll get one answer, ask me next week and you'll get something else. And where to even start? The classics like Seanbaby? Bloggers that may not be on full time any more, but are hardly forgotten like Ye Olde Comick Booke Blogge, Random Panels, or Gone and Forgotten? (The first two links aren't to the homepages, but to personal favorites, and the first one is especially well written.)

Fortunately, "favorite" is completely subjective.

And I read a lot of blogs: I have a job where if no one's bothering me, I can read your entire archive in a good afternoon. So there's the danger of forgetting someone...still, I do remember the blog posts that inspired me to start blogging. For instance, a classic from Bully at Comics Oughta Be Fun! that answered a long running question for me. Go check it out here, I'll wait.

I asked that in the comment section of a prior post, somehow assuming that heavy (so to speak) theological questions like that one were the baliwick of a little stuffed bull. And damn right they are!

Thanks, Bully! (Bully also tackles the serious issues every so often, and I don't mean comics. Check here if you haven't already.)

Shoot, and now I'm supposed to tag some people: how about Comics All Too Real, Bob Mitchell in the 21st Century, Brainfreeze, Siskoid of Siskoid's Blog of Geekery, and The Hurting. There's a couple of other blogs I didn't tag since I think they might've been tagged already; but I'm curious to see what these guys think. Huh. Suppose I should tell them they're tagged or something...

9 comments:

SallyP said...

A favorite blog entry? THat's a very tall order.

I have to enjoy the "Ultron" remark however.

Christian Zamora said...

Phew, you tagged, me, lol! Fun thing and the Bender strip was awesome :D.

I'll keep it mind to do a proper response :D, just bear with me. Sometimes I have lots of time, sometimes I don't. Heehee.

googum said...

Sally,
I think the Keeper tagged you, so now it's on! It's a tough one, but luckily, totally subjective. And a good excuse to check out some old favorites: there's a couple from Ye Olde Comicks Blogge that are still damn funny.

Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, Bender. How I love you. Not as much as I love Zoidberg, though. :-)

Okay, okay ... I posted to address the whole meme tagging thing. Ya HAPPY now, Googum? Huh? Huh?

Sheesh! :-)

Christian Zamora said...

Okay, okay, I'm still a little wet behind the ears on the whole blogging thing. I'm assuming what a "meme" is, but I wouldn't mind a little explanation, lol.

I asume it's a post mentioning and linking as many blogs that I like. Is that correct? And if I post an image, it should be from one of those blogs, or of my own creations? Thanks for the help and don't stare at me that way :P

googum said...

Hmm, I'm about as qualified to explain this as a untrained chimp banging the keyboard, but here goes! Basically, for this one you can name your favorite post, or posts, and link to it. You could put an image from there, or your own, or something else entirely. Why the hell not! It's your blog!

The 'meme' part comes in when you pass it along to some other folks. Kind of like a chain letter, except not annoying; 'cause then you get to see their favorite posts too. Plus, then there's links to links of links, and you and everyone else can see a mess o' blogs you might not have before. Hope that helps!

Christian Zamora said...

Thanks for the explanation, googum. I'm still new at this so, I haven't seen too many blogs in my life, lol, but now I know what to do. Certain green butt and a sense of inanity will definitely make the list :D. Also, I'll build a bridge towards some Spanish speaking blogs.

Bully said...

Wow, thank you for the kind words. And your strip is Benderiffic!

Siskoid said...

Cheated a little bit, but fulfilled by meme responsibilities in this week's Geekly Roundup. Thanks for thinking of me.