Sunday, May 02, 2010

Yesterday's Free Comic Book Day event...


...was a lot bigger than last year's, at the Comic Book Shop's mall location. The 501st Legion made an appearance, which is always fun.
I think I saw one little kid that was scared, but my youngest...and that other kid that got into that picture...certainly weren't.

That Darth Maul makeup was great, and the Oldest and I were just wondering if he was bald, or if that was some kind of latex skullcap thing going there.

I'm thinking skullcap, as I continue my tradition of not appearing in any photos without a Star Wars character...
It was a lot of fun, and the boys loved it too. Now, if I could just get a minute to finish reading those comics...

Aside from the free comics, and the issues of Deadpool and Unknown Soldier in my pull box, and grudgingly buying X-Force #26; I picked up a few back issues on sale: Batman: Dark Detective #1 and Legends of the Dark Knight #93 (written by Garth Ennis), both of which complete runs that I bought the rest of out of the quarter bin. Thor #315 and Annuals #7 and #10. (I wrote up #316 a while back, but I've never read #315. Likewise, I had Thor Annual #10, but not #7, and it had a Simonson cover from 1978, well before his epic run.) And Batman Annual #21, a "Pulp Heroes" annual with J.H. Williams art. Is it any good? I'll let you know!

No comments: