Wednesday, May 05, 2010

All this week: Iron Man!...reruns.

"The Power of Iron Man!...oh, and he has a movie coming out, yeah, I heard something about that..."
Most of these fights probably only happened in my toy box, sorry.
Iron Man vs. Brainiac would be a lot of fun, since I picture Tony drooling at the thought of taking Brainy apart and playing with him.
Where did I put that rocket launcher?
This is an old one, but probably still applies. And it reminded me that I probably need to take those kids to look for Iron Man toys at Burger King!

The last regular issues of Iron Man that I've read were Warren Ellis' Extremis arc, which I liked even if it's more remembered less for the story and more for giving Iron Man powers, being an ad for cell phones, and Adi Granov's art. Then the whole Civil War thing came down, and while I've heard the Knaufs have done some solid stories, I just haven't been able to pick a lot of those issues up.

I missed Adam Warren's Hypervelocity limited, too; but plan to check that out in trade. (EDIT: I did, and it's great.) That probably goes for a lot of the planned limited series coming pretty shortly.

Even though he's about the same size, the old Heroes Reborn Iron Man--that was a Jim Lee design, right? Well, he's got about as many joints as a Simpsons figure. Hell, maybe less. I think I 'lost' the pipes that attached to the back, but I'm wondering if I still have the...whatever the hell the accessory was. The vac-metal finish is starting to chip a bit, too. (EDIT: I did get the Legends HR Iron Man--that's Heroes Reborn, not Human Resources.)

I've been keeping an eye out for one, but I haven't found a clearanced Hasbro Legends Ultimate Iron Man. I'm just not willing to cough up full price for him, since I'm not smitten with that design. I prefer the idea of Iron Man's suit fitting in a suitcase, not a dump truck. I missed the red and silver version too: either I thought I wouldn't need yet another Iron Man, or I was asleep at the wheel.

Not much to say on this one. Might have to go back through that box of Iron Man and Force Works comics later. Tomorrow, I have to take those kids back to Burger King to see what the toys are this week. Yes, I would make all my dining choices based on toys if I could.

Also, over the course of this blog, I've had four different Iron Man tags. I should go back and make sure I've tagged them all correctly...(EDIT: No.)

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Well, you just about hit the nail on the head. Either his opponents were "too strong!" or else he was dangerously low on power...for some reason.

Frankly, I always wanted somebody to just fill up his suit with earthworms, and see how he dealt with THAT!

Tom Freak said...

Just great! And absolutely true! You are one of the best making Action Figure based comics!

My hat is off.