Friday, December 10, 2021

I would've enjoyed hearing DeForest Kelley read that line.

From 1991, Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Modala Imperative #1, "In Memory Yet Green..." Written by Peter David, art by Pablo Marcos. 

For the second time this year, I'm helping new hires at my work: not so much training, but helping them put it into practice. Like I have any goddamn idea what I'm doing half the time, but I really sound cheery and that helps. Still, if I'm not doing my regular job, who is? Well, they'll figure it out. 

This is more like issue #5, since "The Modala Imperative" was two mini-series, with the then-regular Trek writers trading crews. Michael Jan Friedman wrote the original crew, while Peter David tackled the Next Gen, although both have written a ton with both. David also gets to use two ringers, old McCoy and Spock: Kirk's fate would've still been unknown at the time. Both minis also had Adam Hughes covers. 

 Crap. Just looked it up, and I'm just slightly younger than William Shatner was when Star Trek II came out. Like Kirk in that one, I recently had to get glasses: I wore contacts when I was younger, then had lasik that held up pretty well for like 25 years. Now I need (and just got) reading glasses, and maybe they might help with some close action figure, craft type stuff. Maybe some of the photos will finally be in focus...Where's Bones with my damn Retinax shot?

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Gotcha yourself some new glasses huh? Well, you're about at the right age for 'em right? haha. Don't feel bad I recently had to get new eyeglasses myself for when I'm at the computer, which I only wear them occasionally even then.
You'll have to show me what you got.