Thursday, December 02, 2021

If this was a Plop! story, I'd probably be finding issues of it in every box.

Hopefully, there's nothing ominous or sinister about finding another issue of Plop! when I thought I only had one. Or maybe my whole collection is slowly turning into Plop! Could go either way. From 1975, Plop! #17, cover by Basil Wolverton.
After two issues, I worry about the hit/miss ratio for this book, since this wasn't a great one either; but it does feature one fairly good one from Steve Skeates and Frank Robbins, "Old Butterfly Story!"
They aren't wrong, on either count...

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Well at least he's upfront about being a hack this issue, so there's that right?
Speaking of hacks, Goddamn if this isn't a nice reminder of how much I can't stand Frank Robbins' art. If nothing else, his style suits MAD magazine or similar publications/comics. So damn ugly.

H said...

Oh geez, those 'tonsils'. Plop plop indeed!