Wednesday, December 15, 2021

"Arcade."

I've had that Arcade figure since June, but couldn't figure out a strip for him until now, because I didn't have a set or garbage truck for him. (You, and Spider-Man, may remember the "SFLANNG!" SFX for Arcade's garbage truck catching a victim.) His track record was always pretty bad, too; at least up to Avengers Battle Royale Arena, where I think he did manage to kill some characters with names. I was going to bring in one of his targets from that series, X-23, but I guess mutants aren't supposed to kill humans now, so I didn't want to put her on the spot...(I have no idea how hard-and-fast that rule is in the Krakoa era; like if it applies to, say, Logan.)

Also, I had a typo in one panel, and as it was murdering me had to go fix it in post. Ugh.
 

5 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I'm pretty sure he was also lying about that 60-65 percent ratio of the people he killed deserving it as well. That should probably be an extremely LOW number unless he was murdering legit bad people, while killing off mutants on the side to shake things up, idk.

I will say sending Arcade to hell probably wouldn't & shouldn't be the punishment Satanna thinks it'll be for him. Nope, I think if it as a promotion, as Satan will surely hre Arcade to devise new torturous punishments for denizens & run his torture pits. Hey, why not utilize the man's skills ammirite?

H said...

Took me a minute or two to find the typo- it's a reasonable enough misspelling that it's easy to overlook.

I'd buy that ratio actually- Arcade falls into the mercenary category a good deal of the time and that would mean bad guys taking out other bad guys too. Probably offers a discount on groups of incompetent henchmen.

CalvinPitt said...

Arcade's track record killing heroes is definitely pretty poor, but his track record of capturing them is like 100%, or damn close to it. If you wanted to break into Stark whatever he's calling his company these days without getting punched by Iron Man, you could do worse than hire Arcade. He probably won't kill Iron Man, but he'll definitely keep him busy for a few hours.

googum said...

The Prankster method, huh? I've seen Batroc use that rationale as well: you don't hire him to win, you hire him to keep Captain America busy for 20 pages er, minutes.

Oh my god, I'm picturing Arcade wiping out busloads of idiots at a time. "Yay, the boss got us tickets to some theme park!" "What's that name on the ticket?" "Eh, it's not important." Ah, it's probably not just regular criminals, either: need to get rid of that guy at work that microwaves fish? Give the gift of Murderworld!

How many people has Satana sent to hell, directly to hell, now? I'm sure that won't come back to bite her in the ass. Yet.

H said...

Given how much of a revolving door hell is, I don't think it'd be that much of a problem. Probably feels more like getting cut off in traffic- honk your horn, give her the stink-eye, and maybe tailgate a little.