Thursday, December 09, 2021

If you've never heard of this, it's because of a secret shadowy government cover-up. Yeah, that's it.

I swear I need like an app or something, that every time I think I'm having a good idea, just says "Really?" I found most (if not all) of this series in EntertainMart's dollar bins, but only bought two, figuring I could get the rest the next sale they had. (Net savings, $3.00! Ring-a-ding-ding.) That plan also didn't take into account the pain in the ass of finding those first two again later; but here we are. From 2014, Revolutionary War: Alpha #1, written by Andy Lanning and Alan Cowsill, art by Rich Elson, color art by Antonio Fabela.
After he and Captain Britain fight Mys-Tech psycho-wraiths in London, Pete Wisdom is less troubled by their return, than he is about being drafted into S.H.I.E.L.D. Possibly kit and caboodle with MI-13 and Captain Britain, who apparently had "need to know" but didn't tell him, which Wisdom does have to respect. Seemingly defeated years ago at the "Battle of London Bridge," Mys-Tech appeared to be coming back, and gets a pretty clear recap that probably would've helped back in the Marvel UK days. (Wisdom is dismayed to have never heard of that battle, because nobody read Marvel UK because it was covered up.)
With S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Agent Keller (apparently 'exiled' to the UK by Maria Hill, for sleeping with a HYDRA agent...) Wisdom picks up drunken wreck/former Warhead leader Colonel Liger, who lost most of his team and Killpower in the final battle when he was forced to close a door to hell. Captain Britain goes to get Dark Angel, but gets jumped by his old UK foes, like the Fury and Saturnyne. No, it's not really them, it's--Death's Head (II)? But why? For the money? And is he falling back on old speech habits, yes? 

I thought this was a pretty good start here; although as often the case it's a sliding scale. I don't know if it was four bucks worth of good, but on the cheap, heck yes. But I'm missing the Warheads issue; although I did pick up one issue of the two-part Warheads: Black Dawn from '93. So I have two stores quarterbins I have to go back through in the next couple weeks; think I should finish my Christmas shopping first.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I think I vaguely remember this. This was when Marvel was making a half attempt/testing the waters of a Marvel UK revival that never really went anywhere. Was it Marvel's fault or just a serious lack of interest by comic readers? Probably both.