Saturday, December 25, 2021

"Perfect."

You know, I've never seen Love Actually or Eyes Wide Shut; and may just be assuming they're Christmas movies from online chatter. I don't have a traditional one I watch every year or anything, but if you do, enjoy, and all the best. 

 And as usual, after the break, the traditional Christmas reruns! Get a big...glass of nog or something, I don't know...
More Star Wars Black holiday figures are forthcoming, but I don't know if they were held up with supply chain problems or something else this year. So, if you see them in April, think ahead and buy them.







It's not a perennial holiday classic...yet; but I rerun this one every Christmas: "How Deadpool saved assisted didn't wreck had Christmas." See how our production standards have barely incrementally changed in like eleven years! Although, Die Hard wasn't universally accepted as a Christmas movie back then, as it is today.

As usual, click to unwrap, er, enlarge. Not sure of the setup? The first strip's waaaay back here.





What the heck, you've been good this year...he says, based on nothing; so let's have another holiday re-run: "Jingle Bells, Blame Mattel..."





And for good measure, here's the 2015 Christmas strip, "Do They Know It's X-Mas Time at All?" Pool and Kurt had been in space for about 21 months at that point, so yeah, that plotline went on.






5 comments:

H said...

I haven't seen them either but Love Actually is definitely a Christmas movie from what I've seen. I've never heard of Eyes Wide Shut counting but there are a few that people are divided on, Die Hard being the most common one (I vote no on that one, by the way). My traditional one isn't even a movie really- it's a TCM documentary about Christmas movies. They keep airing it earlier and earlier every year though- I think it was like the 4th or the 5th this year. Oh well, at least they still air it.


Enough rambling from me- happy holidays to all.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Love Actually is EXACTLY the very definition of a Christmas movie. It's...not bad. Better than some of its peers out out the same year it came out.

Beyond curious why ANYONE would EVER consider Eyes Wide Shut a Christmas movie. I somehow remember it & the plot and the ending making absolutely no goddamn sense, but never would I have ever thought to even loosest of loosely though it a holiday movie...maybe Halloween for all the mask wearing, but not Christmas.

H said...

I think there's a Christmas party in there somewhere. I've seen bits and pieces- not as much as Love Actually, but still a few scenes.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Is there really? I've honestly forgotten that.

H said...

Yeah, from what I've found online it's at the beginning of the movie. I don't know for sure, all I've seen are a few random clips.