Monday, August 28, 2006



Because even a B-list creation of Jack Kirby beats a lot of people's A-game. 'Nuff said.

From the Demon #13, "The Night of the Demon!" Written, drawn, edited by Jack Kirby, lettered and inked by Mike Royer. My copy's coverless and looks like the Demon himself read it, but I'm glad to have it.

In other news, a tag from Dr. Sordid of the Word on the Street! His site is pretty much the only calendar you'll ever need. Go now! I don't know who started this one, but here goes:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag five people.

"What's more, it didn't even look scratched. A.I.M. deserved its reputation for excellence, he conceded reluctantly. What was the stupid thing made out of anyway?

"He floated several yards away from the inert torpedo, facing it."

Yeah, I took rule#5 to heart there...I was going to reread Iron Man: the Armor Trap, by Greg Cox, on the beach; but I consider my kids as drowning hazards until they're 28, so probably no beach reading, airport reading, reading reading until then. Still, I quite enjoyed the Marvel novels, and it's a good little Iron Man tale guest-starring War Machine and thankfully without legislation of any kind.

No comments: